For your safety passwords need to be a mixture of upper & lowercase letters and digits and at least 8 characters long.

Author Topic: East Germany Small footed Dish  (Read 3791 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
East Germany Small footed Dish
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »
Hi, I just got this.  bought it on a whim.  Can anybody tell me the date of this, or mane of it with the crown and PM mark?  What is this called, footed dish?  Is this hand-painted?

Anything at all?  I have been trying to figure it out...found some other info, but not yet anything for this..

Oh yes, it also looks like it has a incised mark 2959/3.  So I assume the 3 = the height of the item, right.  But what about the other marks,

TIA
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
Re: East Germany Small footed Dish
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
Whoooooooooooops....just went to Ebay and typed in *East Germany dish* and look what I found.  Looks the same, but I still do not know much as for age, or maker....and/or if that seller item (as mine) is (really) rare (??).  It says hers is 4 inches tall also...

Is that rare at all?  Is mine?

Click HERE
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:47:39 AM »
Thanks TC...

But I am a little confused yet, as it says there that mark was used from 1901 onwards -- yet it also shows other marks from other time periods.   So how does one date this...

As you can also see, it says it was made in East Germany....so could that help to date it.  When did Germany change from (East/West) to just Germany....

I still like it, no matter the age... ;)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
October 1949 until 30th October 1990, so made some time during that period.

Its a pretty piece ;)
Anne E.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk