Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Pastel Picture (face) - Signed...  (Read 2573 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Pastel Picture (face) - Signed...
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:51:28 AM »
Hi, just bought this picture at garage sale for $4.00.  It is signed with whats looks to say *Susan Olah*  (or is it SuZan Olah).  Not sure if there is another letter under the matting (eg like an e, i, or a y) yet....but just going on what it says at the moment.

Looks like pastels....and the use of really black colors.  I have found a teacher at Virginia University by that name, but in her BIO it says nothing about her doing any art stuff in her spare time, as she is a Biology teacher or something.....so not sure if this IS the same person or not.

Any ideas on the the quality of work?  Subject matter?  Or find any other possible info on this person --  anywhere?  Any help, much appreciated.  TIA

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Pastel Picture (face) - Signed...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 03:58:25 PM »
Hiya Rose, not much so far...   

I wondered if, from her surname she may have been Native American, but apparently Olah is a Hungarian surname according to this page: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080708225354AAuhrNU

Here is a comment on a page which has been updated now so the ref has gone:
Susan Olah a very vibrant colorful painter, lived in Regina for many years also Paris France, her work is very bold and colorful...

and elsewhere on the Regina Early Classifieds there are two entries:
Link 1 & Link 2
One of them cuts off in mid word but seems to imply she had an art shop? somewhere, possibly Regina.

I'll keep searching though. :comp:

Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Pastel Picture (face) - Signed...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:48 PM »
WOW .....Anne you are amazing again.

I could not find a thing, but some teacher in the states.  How do you have such good googling skills?  Honest....I tried typing "Susan Olah artist, Susan Olah pastel, picture signed Susan Olah, just susan olah....." and I only found what I did about some one else with the same name....in the states, but a teacher.

Would appear that this lady being from Regina, would make more sense than the what I found for the name -- since that place is only about 3 hours from where I live.....so that would make more sense.

I got nothing here for that name even in the province, YET you did!!!!!!!

What I am doing (in googling) wrong??  geeez...................Please do let me know.  I did send a e-mail to that person that had that question..........I best try to find out more, as maybe she is a really good local artist....I dunno know....yet.

To find out that the name is Hungarian is neat too...........as that is where my *roots* are too.

Way to go Anne -- I have said it before -- YOUR SIMPLY AMAZING, and AMAZING AT THE KEYBOARD!!  Let me know if you can find out more, and I will now also root around some more....and see if I get a reply from that person.

:cheerleader:

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk