Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: Rayric Pottery anyone?  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
Rayric Pottery anyone?
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
Anyone heard of Rayric Pottery?  I've got a nice lidded dish marked RAYRIC ENGLAND, but nothing comes up for them.  Just wondering if its a combination of two names - may be Raymond Ric*******   I don't think its a name place, but could be wrong.

Will post an image later.  Someone might recognise it.
Anne E.B.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Rayric Pottery anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:31:53 AM »
Hey -- I found this  Fleabay-Click Here  Can you email the seller there??

...Or is that you?? (You the seller there -in the UK ??)  and I merely found you....(lol)

If this is another Rayric item -- That would be a first for ME to find something without a picture, and when you did not even find anything ( and I know your a super googler on the Net).  So is this the first for me??

:pst: Technie tip:  I tried Rayric Ceramics then,  Rayric Pottery....
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
Hi Rose. I spotted that ebay link, but looks like the seller isn't sure its even RAYRIC.  Here's a pic. of my stoneware lidded dish.  The paper label was on it when I bought it.  I guess they didn't have any info on it either.

Unfortunately a lot of these small pottery workshops just disappear over time, or are taken over by someone else resulting in name changes, so I'm not holding my breath.  I think the dish is quite old. 
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
Wonder if this will help at all ... ?
http://server1.vcrdirectory.co.uk/attach/edition_46.htm - it has an entry for a Rayric Pottery seeking additional investment, as follows....

Company Name  Management    Location  Funds Sought  Hist. Turnover     Activity     Stage
Rayric Studio     Raymond Bone and Eric Grant    London    ?5,000    Pottery Shop    Expansion

So that would make the Rayric a combination of Ray and Eric's names.... not quite what you thought Anne, but along the right lines!

Date given is March 1983... but no other information or where in London they were. I don't ever remember seeing them but London's a big old place! (I lived there 1981-1986)

It might give you a starting point though. :)

Edited to add.... curiously, Bone is one of the names connected with the London side of my family.... but I've not found a Raymond as yet!

Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:34 AM »
Good Detective work there Anne   :tup1:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
Fantastic t'other Anne :clap:
I'll do a search under their separate names and see what comes up.
 :gcheer:
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
Let us know if you find anything Anne. I had a quick Google but all I found was that entry with those names... I wonder if Christine can check her sources for the business name? She always manages to find companies that we miss. Rayric Studio isn't listed on the Companies House recent / current / dissolved company names, and there's no mention of them in either The Times archive up to 1984, or in the London Gazette which I thought there might be if there was a partnership being dissolved, for example.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline John

• Board Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »
I have a full coffee set and a full tea set both Rayric pottery.
My wife and I bought the sets new in Southport about 40 years ago.
I often have wondered where they were made and supposed it was in Lancashire. Seems it could be London from the recent posts.
I would appreciate any information on the manufacturers and possible price.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
Hi John and welcome to the board. I've removed your email address from your post above as it'll get picked up by spam bots if we leave it there.  :comp: 

Members can email you via the protected email system on the board - they just click the wee envelope below your name and an email will be sent to you via the board's mail server.  :beer:
Cheers!
 Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk