Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Two Painting entitled *POTTERY II"  (Read 3106 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Two Painting entitled *POTTERY II"
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
Hi, I bought these.....did not know if I should post under *pottery* or under *painting* -- LOL  :24:  :sign_jk:

Both pics (whooooops, see I forget to take a picture of the other one) are entitled POTTERY II - but each is signed by a different person...and I only posted the one whole pic here, in two different sources of LIGHT to show these.  Will take a pic of the other one, and ADD LATER.

Not sure IF this is a painting, or some type of plaster that these artists worked with to make these pictures.  I bought them because of the Pottery Board here -- as they are pictures (art) but pictures of Pottery....and thought Unique.

I have googled both names but have not came up with anything, so I think I need  :hlp:

Looks like one is signed:

~ J Allen....the other
~ Andres (??)

Can anyone help me, or advise me of anything for these.  Thxs

Pic #1 and #2 are the same pic, but in different light
Pic #3 and # 4 are the signed names of the two different pics....will add the other whole pic of the other one....
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Two Painting entitled *POTTERY II"
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
Hmmm how unusual Rose, I've not seen anything like this before and Google's not finding anything helpful either...  I wonder if the second signature is Andler?
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Two Painting entitled *POTTERY II"
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »
Hmmm how unusual Rose, I've not seen anything like this before and Google's not finding anything helpful either...  I wonder if the second signature is Andler?

hey you might be right -- I thought it was Andres, but it might be Andler.  i will google around too some.  Since both pics are much the same -- but two diferent people....the Thought that cams to me was (maybe) a BF/GF took an art class together.  This was the type of stuff they had to use, and had to do the same subject...so that is why the pics are so much alike....

Unless these are *PRE-MADE* BY MACHINE, and then just have unknown employees signing them, and selling them as ART.  So maybe done to deceive.....

But will hunt some more.....and will get the other pic taken to show for this post... ;)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk