Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: German jug/vase -Help needed to identify it  (Read 4153 times)

Offline FEEHSTER

• Board Member
German jug/vase -Help needed to identify it
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »
Can anyone help me with info on this bit of pottery - Markings on the bottom read 286/17

all info greatfully recieved!

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: German jug/vase -Help needed to identify it
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »
Hi there, and Welcome to the Board.  :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Looks like to me it says 286/77 then Germany.  Not sure -- but I think it might be West ?? Germany, but then from I know of West Germany pottery it would say W. Germany.  Not sure IF all W. Germany Pottery says the W in the front.   Others will know better....

...and I believe the first number is the model number and the second number is the height of it in cms.  Do you have the measurements in both inches and cms?

Is there another number in the middle that looks like 40 or 48 in the very center of the bottom? ???

Again Welcome to the Board!!!

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline FEEHSTER

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »
thanks for your reply - the mark is 286/17 and with 48 painted in the middle of the base. its just short of 7 inches from the spout to the base

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
Hello.I've a number of 'fat lava' vases from W Germany all have similar marks,I presume the first number relates to design or batch and the second,as Rose says,the height in cm's,although this does not look like 'lava vases' I'm new to this field so... ??? ;D

Offline FEEHSTER

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
Many thanks for that keith! I really like it especially the colours - a good find!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk