If you have problems with your password & need help, use the Contact button at the top to ask for help.

Author Topic: Does anyone know what my vase is? - ID = Scheurich, Germany  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Jasonyguy

• Board Member
Does anyone know what my vase is? - ID = Scheurich, Germany
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
I have a vase and it's stamped FOREIGN with a dot over the G and 529 25 all on the bottom? It came from an estate sale from one of the original german rocket scientist in Huntsville, apart of Van Braughns team, which was the first team over here to launch NASA.. anyone know what it is or worth.. it's very clean and moder design. i posted a pic of it.. thanks for all your help, love this site

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Hi and welcome to the board. Your vase is probably German - someone maybe able to tell you who made it, but I don't know. The numbers on the base will be pattern (529) and height (25) so it should be 25cm tall (i.e. just under 10 inches).
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Jasonyguy

• Board Member
Thanks, and you're right it is under 10 inches roughly.. Glad to know what that means. I bought several items from the Estate, especially hand carved figurines in wood but unfortunaltley there is no identificaton on those, so probably not significant, however, I bought these items to go with my interior design not to profit. I was curious on the vase thoiugh since it was marked.. Thanks again. It looks good in the hall way under a light..

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
I should have mentioned that Foreign usually means German or Japanese production just after WW2, as there was considerable antipathy towards buying goods from either country in the aftermath of the war, so Foreign complied with the marking rules but left it suitably vague. 
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline michajoli

• Board Member
Scheurich, Germany :-)

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Brilliant, thank you Michael, and welcome to the board, your expertise will be warmly welcomed.
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline michajoli

• Board Member
Thank you Anne :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk