If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Aquamarine, amethyst, ruby, pearl - very Art Nouveau - who made it?  (Read 3567 times)

Offline thomas

• Board Member
This necklace is marked "ThU" and "SterlingSilver".  Very Art Nouveau. The pearl is not attached with a loop/ring like you attach a charm to a bracelet.  It has a metal pin shaped like a nail that fits in a "V" slot.  I thought that was interesting.  Maybe that's the standard way of attaching pearls to jewelry like this.  I don't know much about jewelry although I have a collection most of which belonged to my mother.  Mostly costume jewelry but some of it very beautiful.  Someone suggested that the necklace might be German.  Can anyone supply any information on this necklace? 

Offline deco.queen

• Board Regular
  • I Love Anything Art Deco
    • Marvelous Metal-A collection with glass & pottery
Re: Aquamarine, amethyst, ruby, pearl - very Art Nouveau - who made it?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »
Don't know who made it but it's GORGEOUS!!
Janice
Author of "The Fabulous World of Farberware"

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Aquamarine, amethyst, ruby, pearl - very Art Nouveau - who made it?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
Hi there:

Maybe try this trick to get a closer pic to post -- as it works really good for me, as then I also crop it down more on the Computor.

http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?topic=11080.0

:tup1: :tup3: :tup1:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk