Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: My RUSSIAN Clock  (Read 5615 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
My RUSSIAN Clock
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
My New purchase, a Russian Vintage Clock.  Crystal and very heavy.  Quite big at almost 8 inches tall.  ?? Bakelite base??

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: My RUSSIAN Clock
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:01:28 AM »
Rose, what do the characters on the back say please? I can't make them out from the pic...
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
Thanks Anne -- Here is a close up.  Hope that helps

First letter looks like a upside down//backwards *L*....LOL

:beer:

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:10 AM »
Ta Rose! It's Russian Cyrillic script, basically says GOST followed by a number... I did a bit of searching and found a tech spec listing for precision mechanics which has an entry for GOST 3309 which relates to... "EN-Table and wall mechanical clocks with balance oscillator. General specifications..."  http://www.ihs.com/products/industry-standards/org/gost/russian-jewellery/index.aspx - this probably relates to the type of clock you have! :) It seems to be the Russian state standard that your clock is designed and built to...  if you have a burning desire to read the specs (in Russian!) it'll cost you a bit!  LINK  :hlp:
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »
Thank you very much Anne!!

Did not know you knew Russian...lol   :24:

Does that give a Date at all for the clock?  This is very heavy with the Crystal Glass on it

I will pass on Spending any $$ to read Russian  :thd:

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:39:10 AM »
My friend Google taught me, Rose!  :24:

The GOST 3309 84 standard was updated in 1986, according to the runorm website:
http://runorm.com/product/view/2/15102 - but your clock has GOST 3309 75 which I think maybe a previous version, so I guess that gives you an approx date Rose?
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 02:48:30 AM »
A bit more, it's a Majak clock made by the Serdobsky clock factory in the USSR, and can be found with dates apparently from 1965 onwards.
http://www.507antiques.com/products/russian-art-deco-majak-clock-made-in-the-ussr

"Serdobsk Watch & Clock Factory ? Сердобский Часовой Завод (Penza Region)
On November 17th 1943 an order (№404) was made by the NKMV (People?s Commissariat of Mortar Armament)  to set up the  manufacture  of alarm clocks and bracket clocks in the city of Serdobs. The factory was named the State Serdobsky watch factory №5. With the evacuation of the 2nd Moscow Watch Factory, the factory was ordered to produced women?s watches along with alarm clocks and children?s mechanical toys.
Following the war, production was devoted to clock manufacture, particularly cuckoo clocks."
http://sekondtime.wordpress.com/factories/
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Thanks ever so much Anne!!  :kissy: :kissy:

Great info there!!  I just LOVE this clock!!

May I post at GMB too since part of the clock has the element of Glass too -- Plus there may be out there --- just Glass Clock collectors

Again Thanks so much (said in both English and Russian to you ) LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk