Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: Three rings  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Three rings
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:39:56 PM »
Having a hard job finding anything out about these three rings. The ring on the left and the one after it were dug up. I'm kind of thinking they are modern. Left one seems to be copper or bronze, no marks. Middle one is probably silver, has remains of a mark which can't be made out, got a magnifier and really good eyes too. Third one, funny shape, no marks.

Nothing special are they?

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Three rings
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 04:31:12 AM »
I have some earrings from the mid 1990s which have a similar pattern on them TC, and I know they also made a bangle to match. They were sold on New Age type stalls at fairs and festivals. I'll do a pic of the earrings tomorrow so you can see what I mean. My earrings are the silvery colour not the coppery one.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
I have some earrings from the mid 1990s which have a similar pattern on them TC, and I know they also made a bangle to match. They were sold on New Age type stalls at fairs and festivals. I'll do a pic of the earrings tomorrow so you can see what I mean. My earrings are the silvery colour not the coppery one.

Ah, so probably something more recent.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
Here are the pics of the earrings TC - you can see what I mean by the same design on them as on your ring.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
Here are the pics of the earrings TC - you can see what I mean by the same design on them as on your ring.

Yeah same design, thanks Anne.

Those look kind of Tibetan, so i searched for Tibet silver and found this....
http://www.wishbop.com/images/201110/source_img/Handmade_Tibetan_Sterling_Silver_Necklace_original_img_1318990083_518_.jpg

I think they are from around that area maybe.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 01:47:16 AM »
They could well be, TC. I know the stall I bought them from had loads of designs like this, plus lots of floaty scarves and cheescloth frocks etc...   all very New Age at the time.  I regret not buying the matching bangle as it was really nice!
Cheers!
 Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk