Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Strange tools !  (Read 2260 times)

Offline keith

• Board Addict
Strange tools !
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:57 PM »
I'm presuming these are watch repair tools, they were my late father-in-laws, he did some watch repairs as a hobby years ago, the question is what do they do ? ??? ??? ;D

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
Re: Strange tools !
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
Did you ever find out how they were used? 
I'm a great fan of The Repair Shop on t.v. watching them use their fantastic skills, and just as interesting, the strange odd looking tools that they use.
Anne E.B.

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 12:20:00 AM »
The one with the black handle is for lifting the hands from the watch face, I'm not sure where I've put the others, we both watch that programme, good to be back here again !  ;D ;D

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »
Good to shake the cobwebs off :cheerleader:
My other half "inherited" some old tools from his Dad dating back to the 1930/40s, including metal files, oil stones for sharpening knives/tools, and Imperial Measure spanners. They're a real odd lot, really heavy and long lasting unlike some made today.  They are never used ....... but you never know :ft:
Anne E.B.

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 12:07:05 AM »
I have my father-in-law's old Stanley plane, he died nearly 20 years ago and the plane is still sharp, no plastic just wood and steel, I've used it a number of times.
Not bought any pottery in a long while although I did get a tiny drop leaf oak table, it's only 16 inches tall, I have a picture somewhere.  ;D

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 12:14:45 AM »
Hope this isn't the start of a new collection !  :o

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 03:15:45 PM »
Thats really nice.  Would it have been part of a set of three may be?  The smallest, yours, being a sort of companion table?
Its a terrible affliction being a 'collector' or having collections of things.  Unfortunately there's no cure, but you could try pinging an elastic band around your wrist if you ever feel the urge :hlp:
Ive just realised that I'm terminally afflicted and have collections (mostly boxed up in the garage because of lack of room) of pickle jars, glass mushrooms, bulb vases, handkerchief vases, perfume bottles, Bitossi pottery, Nymolle plaques, and not forgetting shoes :gcheer:
Anne E.B.

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 12:38:14 AM »
It's the same here, my Chance glass is getting moved to the loft to join the cameras to make more room, haven't bought any Satsuma pottery in ages, or pewter, cloisonne, sci-fi booksetc... then there's the African carvings and Lin's dolls, think we live in a tiny museum :hlp:  ;D ;D

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 10:50:15 PM »
I'm so glad it's not just me that has this problem! I'm trying to work out where to put everything - much is stored in boxes (mainly glassware and trinket sets), books are spread about in every room but need to be collected up into one place so I can find the one I want at the time more easily, my glass trinket sets desperately need display space but where??? Hubbie's tools are now sorted and living under the stairs, his computer stuff is spreading from the workroom into the hall and the lounge. My kitchen stuff is too much for my kitchen cupboards and as for all my soft toys (around 150 of them) -  they are currently split between bedrooms but I want to have them all in the same place too - I think I need a bigger house!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »
A bigger house would be a good idea, I've always wanted a library ! fat chance !  ;D ;D

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 12:53:04 PM »
Me too Keith!!!  :bny:
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk