If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Shorter and Son Flower Troughs  (Read 1591 times)

Offline ju1i3

• Board Member
    • Gardenwithindoors
Shorter and Son Flower Troughs
« on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
I noticed these on ebay a few years ago and have been buying them occasionally since. I grow the smallest flower bulbs I can find in them but I wonder if that's what they were made for or generally used for.

Does anyone know what they were actually used for?

thanks

(ps googling them I just see my own pics from my hyacinth vase site and my gardenwithindoors blog)
Julie

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Shorter and Son Flower Troughs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:47 AM »
I seem to think that the flower troughs were just used for short stemmed flowers Julie. I have a dim memory that they are in one of my books about gardening and plants - I'll rummage on the bookshelves and see if I still have the book, and look through it if I have. Might take me a couple of days to track the book down!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline ju1i3

• Board Member
    • Gardenwithindoors
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 06:04:15 AM »
I managed to find one of these with green birds. Blue is the usual colour. These are quite dated and no one (but me!) seems to be buying them, yet sellers are asking ridiculous prices for them, which is the case with so many vases I think. Vases are just not very popular items, except the best quality ones, and the market (ebay) is flooded with them.
Julie

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:22:02 AM »
I have to say that I couldn't find the book I thought I had with these in Julie, it may well have been in the batch that was cleared out to a charity shop a while back, sorry.  I think they are probably of limited appeal now, they do seem a bit old fashioned and quaint. :)

Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk