If you have problems with your password & need help, use the Contact button at the top to ask for help.

Author Topic: Pinder, Bourne & Co  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Pinder, Bourne & Co
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:46:14 PM »
This pattern is often described as being from the aesthetic movement, or in the style of it. According to a museum the name of the pattern is "Japanese Sprays". It has a diamond registration dating to around 1878. In 1877/8, Doulton purchased the factory.

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Re: Pinder, Bourne & Co
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:30 PM »
A nice cakestand...

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »
What an interesting shape that first set is, TC. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:51:25 AM »
I'm starting to think this is a fairly rare set, the one in the first post i mean. A search for 'Pinder Bourne Prunus' or "cherry blossom" only produces a few results, none of them are like this set. They are usually very tall jugs or a jug with a lid (could be a tankard). I've also seen the pattern with a black background and another with white background and blue flowers. There was one listing on ebay which was a pair of jugs, the listing has vanished through time.. it was 146 € but have no idea if they sold or not. http://topshopping.96.lt/item/992960.cgi.  Both seem to be damaged. :x-fingers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk