If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Henry VIII figurine  (Read 646 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Henry VIII figurine
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:05:22 AM »
Anyone know who made this figure please? It is 9 inches high, has no marks, and i don't like him at all, lol. I think i much prefer Queen Elizabeth II. Anyway, it's had felt on the base so that's why it's yellow down there. ;D

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Henry VIII figurine
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »
Hmmm he looks a bit grumpy, doesn't he? I wonder if he's Staffordshire? May be worth asking these folks? http://www.staffordshirefigureassociation.com/
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:22:29 AM »
Yeah, he's like me in the morning, grumpy. ;D It did cross my mind, but i think he's a little too light for Staffordshire, unless it's later on. Why do i now have this feeling it's made in China? Maybe it's the lack of detail in the face.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
Some of those on the Staffordshire site have similarly poorly defined faces though.

PS I don't normally do mornings either! Am having to do today as I'm meeting someone about sound insulation at our village hall around 10am, so had to be up and ready for that!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk