Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: New find Bitossi dish  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
New find Bitossi dish
« on: September 21, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »
New find yesterday at the local car boot sale ;D to add to my other Bitossi pieces.

Its marked with the pattern number and size on the base:- 1580/23.  Quite heavy at 1.5kg.
It has some glaze wear in the centre and around the rim, but I use those enamel paints that come in small tins used for model making, to cover these small areas up.  I know some people would be horrified, but I've found that I've always been able to match the colours up, and you just can't tell if its done carefully.  If I was selling it on, I'd more than likely sell as is, but since its part of my own collection, then I figure it doesn't matter, at least to me.

I haven't checked the pattern number yet to see if I can date it, but reckon its late 50s/some time 60s.

Now to find a place to put it :-\
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: New find Bitossi dish
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »
That's a nice piece Anne, well found. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 02:02:36 AM »
I wonder if it's a wine bottle holder?

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
Hi TC :cheerleader:
Its 9" diameter so I'm not too sure about it being a wine bottle holder, but if it is, tell me where I can get a bottle of wine that big :beer: :cheerleader:
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »
heh heh heh perhaps a Jeroboam of Champagne will fit it Anne? https://thechampagnecompany.com/champagne/champagne-bottle-size/jeroboam-3l :bny:
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk