For your safety passwords need to be a mixture of upper & lowercase letters and digits and at least 8 characters long.

Author Topic: Lea Stein Plastic Jewellery  (Read 11770 times)

Offline Elaine

• Board User
Lea Stein Plastic Jewellery
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »
I thought about this forum, and came to the conclusion that I was fairly anti-plastic.  Then I remembered my collection of Lea Stein brooches!  ::) 

Does anyone know anything about Lea Stein?  I believe she's been making plastic jewellery since the 1960's and she's still making it now, although she's now in her 70's!  :o  I'd love to know just how it's made!

BTW, it really annoys me when I see Lea Stein brooches in antique shops at crazy (high) prices, claiming to be 'vintage' or 'antique', when I KNOW they were made in the last decade - maybe even as recently as last year!  :ft:  AND I know what price they are sold for!  >:(

Would anyone be interested in seeing some pics of my collection?  I'm especially pleased to have one of her latest designs - a fairy, new for 2007  :gcheer:  (I'm a sucker for fairies!  ::) :bfly:  ;D )

Offline josordoni

• Board Moderator
  • Board Enthusiast
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: Lea Stein Plastic Jewellery
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
Oh please!! I love Lea Stein... as far as I remember your facts are right, I don't know any more about her.  I did see a stall at Ally Pally once, the lady there imported new ones and she differentiated clearly between the new ones and the old ones.  I couldn't see the difference, but she said it was tiny things to do with colour and the pins on the backs.

I like to see which Lea Stein brooch Anita the Scottish auctioneer will be wearing on Flog it!  She has some pretty ones.  I keep promising myself one, although I wish she did earrings....

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline Elaine

• Board User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »
Thank you very much for that link Sue!  :kissy: 

I don't think I have any 'vintage' ones, as I get mine from a lady who goes to Paris regularly to buy up new ones.  She does also have some older ones, but I mainly collect the cats and foxes, and I actually prefer the later ones  ::)  I do have one butterfly Pip, but again, one of the new versions, not the 'vintage'.  I'll dig out my pieces and take pics.  Actually, most of them are pinned on something!  :o  I think I have one for every coat I own  ;D

Offline Elaine

• Board User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
Correction, ALL except the new Fairy brooch were pinned on something!  ::)

Apologies for the quality of the pics.  They were taken while scratching about in the coats cupboard  :24: there might even be a couple I've missed in the depths ;D 

Anyway, here they are:

Offline Elaine

• Board User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
Pip, you were going to post pics of your Lea Stein collection!  Where are they?   >:D

Here's my latest :

Offline Deco Delilah

• Board Member
    • Vintage, designer and handmade jewellery from around the world
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
Hello,
I am also a fan of Lea Stein. I began collecting many years ago and now also buy and sell (through my website www.DecoDelilah.com). I mainly have designs from the vintage years, but also have a few modern pieces. I would love to find Okapi for my collection but have never seen it!
Happy new year,
Amy

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »
Amy, what an interesting website you have, some lovely things there. Please feel free to add yourself to our links collection under whichever categories your site fits. :)
http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?action=links;sa=addlink
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Deco Delilah

• Board Member
    • Vintage, designer and handmade jewellery from around the world
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 01:13:54 PM »
Thanks Anne, will do! Glad you like the website. I am very pleased to have found this site as I have a few pieces of pottery that have puzzled me for some years.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 02:31:14 AM »
Bravo Deco Delilah -- nice site. 

I will have to dig out my old jewelery box to see IF I have any...  GORGEOUS.  :clap: :clap:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk