Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: Jaklien Moerman Artist  (Read 16190 times)

Offline Ronnie Rons

• Board User
Jaklien Moerman Artist
« on: November 04, 2007, 10:59:53 PM »
These are on wood with the drawings glued on , yeah i know they are not high end art but i like them and the keep cropping up , anyway who was the artist ??
*there is a certain nobility in working with ones hands*

Offline Della

• Board User
  • More glass than sense!
Re: J.Moeran does anybody know anything about him ????
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »

Hi Ronnie (welcome btw  ;D )

I think that they maybe signed Moerman. Have a look here: http://www.ismoyo.com/labels/vintage.html Scroll down a bit and you will see some of a very similar design.

Della
x
Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.
(Henri Frederic Amiel 1821-1881, Swiss Philosopher, Poet, Critic)

Offline Della

• Board User
  • More glass than sense!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:30:15 PM »
Ta, Kev  ;)

Two more here: http://www.tink-om-us-bern.nl/album/image.php?cat_id=7&img=1193759559
Sold, but no price  ::)
Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.

Offline Della

• Board User
  • More glass than sense!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »

Ooer, J. Moerman is a lady you know. Her name is Jaklien Moerman.  ;D

Offline Della

• Board User
  • More glass than sense!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »

She appears to be Belgian, from what I can find out. She was a teacher in Lauwe and she loved drawing and gave art lessons to the kids. She then went on to illustrate children's books, not even sure if she wrote/writes books too, as I am still trying to find out more about her.
I will be back 'ron, if I find out something more  ;) :D

Offline Ronnie Rons

• Board User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »
Go on Della - good work , i didnt realise that i wrote the ladys name wrong (i.e left the m out) i had seen the ismoyo website thanks.
Do you know what  i like them even more , now that i know they were done by a lady !   Go Della :clap:

Offline Della

• Board User
  • More glass than sense!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:52:40 PM »

I can't find out when this lady was born, or if she is even still alive.
The earliest date that I can find on her is 1968, when she exhibited in Belgium. The earliest book that I can find, which she did illustations for in 1972. She was also co-author for a few books (all children's books) and the last date that I can find, for a book, is 1989.
Seeing as one of the ladies, interviewed about her own exhibition and who talks about her fondly, was one of her students in primary school and that particular lady has already retired, I am thinking that Jaklien (pronounced Sha - clean) is probably no longer with us.
I have exhausted nearly all of the hits on google.nl and .be and this is the best that I can do, Stu.  :thd:

Offline Ronnie Rons

• Board User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks very much Della , maybe i will start my own fanclub  ;)

Offline truibauters

• Board Member
Re: Jaklien Moerman Artist
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »
jaklien Moerman is my mother, she is still alive!! She was born in Ouwegem Belgium on 9 may 1931, She will be 80 jears old. She doesnt draw anymore, she has parkinsondisaese and alzheimer.
She was a drawer and painter, she never wrote books. She only made the illustrations. She was olso a teacher for 17 years, in Eeklo, in a school for teatchers for primary school. She has three daughters, and her husband is also still alive. Do you need more information?

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »
jaklien Moerman is my mother, she is still alive!! She was born in Ouwegem Belgium on 9 may 1931, She will be 80 jears old. She doesnt draw anymore, she has parkinsondisaese and alzheimer.
She was a drawer and painter, she never wrote books. She only made the illustrations. She was olso a teacher for 17 years, in Eeklo, in a school for teatchers for primary school. She has three daughters, and her husband is also still alive. Do you need more information?

Wow -- Thanks for that info.  That is really Nice to hear.  Do you have some more examples to attach here?

...and Welcome to the Board!!  :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Welcome :cheerleader:

Your mother's illustrations are wonderful.  Please pass on our good wishes. :rse:
Anne E.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk