For your safety passwords need to be a mixture of upper & lowercase letters and digits and at least 8 characters long.

Author Topic: Ugly Doll.....  (Read 4520 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Ugly Doll.....
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
Does anyone have idea of what this is to be?  About 12 inches long.  Her arms/feet/head are plastic, and her body is like material....she (kinda) trollish looking... :24:  I know nothing about it to even give (it) a name.

I do not know what to call her (it) to try to research it...Thxs
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline ChimpMad

• Board User
Re: Ugly Doll.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
Hi Rose. Is there a shock of hair under the bonnet? If so, it is probably a troll of some kind.
The most collectable trolls are the 1960s Thomas Dam 'Dam Things', and there was a 12" troll from this time called 'Iggynormous'. There was a new issue from Dam in the 1980s when trolls became trendy again. I don't think that yours is a Dam original though (DAMN!) as they were marked under one foot and behind the neck, and I think that they all had just four fingers per hand, held open.
There were a lot of repros produced in Japan and Taiwan during the 80s, which were mainly sold through giftcard / giftware and toy shops and a lot were given as prizes at fairgrounds, seaside amusement arcades etc.
I'd suggest that you search him (I think that the tartan kilt makes it a Scottish 'he') under all of his clothing for any marks, although I suspect that you already have done (granny and eggs  :blush:).
I hope that this gives you a couple of avenues to explore.
If you always expect the worst you'll never be disappointed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk