Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Two Prints signed numbered  (Read 12869 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Two Prints signed numbered
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
hi, I have these two prints.  They are signed, and numbered...but I can not make out the name...Rose Saly--l or something...Can anyone else figure it out?
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Two Prints signed numbered
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »
I think it is no 666 of a limited edition of 2950. Nice.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »
Rose Schul - see here:
http://www.artists.ca/guestbook/guestbook-2004.html and a pic of the lady herself here: http://pineridgearts.org/UxbridgeArtPark.html 8)

Gee Thanks you guys (and gals)...I could not make out that signature....

Is it my imagination ( :huh:) or in the link you gave here....the second on of the lady herself, she is standing by a pix....and the pix looks VERY similar to the second one I posted here -- the more Vertical one?

Also prints are numbered: 666/2950 (Vertical one) and, the other is marked 1221/2950 (Hortizontal one)

I got these at a Garage Sale....(need Garage a Sale *Smilie*).  The lady wanted $20 for the two, but we haggled, and she sold both for $10.  ;D
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:29 PM »
I thought it looked similar as well Rose, but without being able to see the rest of the pic beside the artist it's hard to say.  Good finds though, well done! :clap:
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »
Hi, I had contacted the National Gallery of Canada in reguards to the links given here about ROSE SCHUL, and they sent me this info... :D ;D

Sent me a letter, and a couple of copies of newspaper clipping.....she was from Carlsbad, Czechoslovakia to begin with......hope you will be able to read some of it.

;D

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
A good result that Rose, keep the newspaper articles with the painting in case you ever want to part with it. ;)
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 05:37:00 AM »
You bet Ann -- as I have something for a reference to show that she is a real painter, or should I say ARTIST.  Plus, it gives the picture more provenance now too.

:clap2: :clap2:

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »
Flippin eck Rose, you should become an art dealer, where do you find them???
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »
Flippin eck Rose, you should become an art dealer, where do you find them???

Garage Sales....

I think that there are a lot of good things there.   I hate to say it but people get things in life, and then they get old -- and the Kids come in to put them in a home, or something.  Then they end up getting rid of stuff without checking it out....

Or people give things to people when they get married.  They hang it up for a while, then decide to get rid of it....or when people divorce -- so stuff is just gotten rid of quickly, as they do not have the time to research it...

:kt: Happens......(if you know what i mean)...lol

So far, three of the pixs I have here now, I guess I can confirm who they are.  This is fun.  It may not be millions of dollars, but at least now I can point out that these are real, and give them *some* history....

I think this is good spending....and your bound to find some bad ones along the way -- but then you never know, do ya.....

If I ever find the one worth a million dollars, I'll quit work -- and come and visit every last one of you, so put the  :tea: on..... :24: :24:

Ann  :bny: -- We need a smilie holding up a GARAGE SALE sign....lol, as that is where *el-cheapo* (me) buys all her stuff. :blush:

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »
I'll mention it to the smiley mod for you Rose. :) (He's busy problem-solving something for college at the moment though.)
Cheers!
 Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk