If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: HOW TO: Adding images to your posts  (Read 17264 times)

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
HOW TO: Adding images to your posts
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »
Adding images to your posts

Images can be added to board posts by using the attachment options at the bottom of the posting screen. You will need to ensure your images are less than 150kb each including overhead, which in practice means no more than about 130kb per image, and no more than 4 attachments may be added to any one post. The attachments will need to be either .jpg or .png formats - other uploads will fail.

To make life simple for you, the board will automatically create clickable thumbnails from images larger than 150 pixels in aspect (aspect = height or width), the thumbnails will show below the post and clicking them will open the larger images. Images between 150px and 400px aspect will enlarge to an inline image below the post text, and those over 400px aspect will open in a separate popup window.   

This is how a post with images will look: http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?topic=3328.0

We know how daunting it can be to use new facilities the first time, so if you need help please either post a request for help in your topic on the board or email us directly (use the Contact link at the top of the board or send a note via the board's Private Message system to one of the moderators: Anne, Tigerchips, TonyH.)

If you need to resize your images and do not have an image program to do this you can use free software, such as Irfanview, to crop and resize your pictures ready for adding to your post.

If you need help using the program, David Encill has created a useful Irfanview tutorial at http://www.glassyeye.com which you are welcome to use.

You can download IrfanView from here: http://www.irfanview.com

Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline ahremck

• Board Member
Re: HOW TO: Adding images to your posts
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:58:49 AM »
Is there a dimension limit of 1000 like the GMB has ?

Ross

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:07 AM »
Is there a dimension limit of 1000 like the GMB has ?

Ross

Hi Ross:

I know when you post pics, it says this:

Allowed file types: jpg, png,
Maximum attachment size allowed: 150 KB, per post: 4

So I think that is the same as GMB.....I think......and Welcome  :gcheer: to the Board.  Nice to see you here GM Buddy !!!  :kissy:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:38:34 AM »
Yes there is, Ross. And welcome to the pottery and collectables board. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline ahremck

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:44:15 AM »
Thanks for the greetings  :D

I will get round to putting up my Cloisonne for Kevin to see.  Plus some "Australian" pottery.  Plus questions will be asked about some of our other pottery that I/we have collected along the way.

Ross

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »
Wonderful, we look forward to seeing them Ross.
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline Victoriat

• Board Member
New to site in need of help
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
Hi I'm new to this site and have a tea set which I am unsure of the make how do I post on this site? I can't seem to find out. Please help

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Hello Victoriat and welcome to the board.   :cheerleader:

You will need to go to the What's My Pottery board here: http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?board=1.0 and at the top right of the topic index you will see a blue tab that says NEW TOPIC. Click that and fill in the relevant bits, add images (up to 4 per post), and then click the POST button below it all and your topic will appear as if by magic! Shout if you get stuck and need help.  :comp:
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:45 PM »
Welcome from me, it's nice to know there are people out there, ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk