Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Gold foil pictures  (Read 2156 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Gold foil pictures
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »
and I also picked up this large picture, it is a bit bigger yet....I just like these *World Gold/Foil* pictures 

Both of these pics --- I got at a garage sale....        (( just thought I would throw in here, if that is OK? ))
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Gold foil pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
Hiya Rose, I split this one off to its own topic so we don't get confusled. :)  These foil prints were very big in the 80s and 90s over here. I used to buy Xmas card blanks with this type of foil pictures on when I was printing and they were hugely popular. I think I still have a few left upstairs in the cupboard somewhere.  Mine came from a company in Yorkshire I think.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Gold foil pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
thanks Ann - I did not know if I should have posted that somewhere else, as I did not think it was too old, so I tried to slid-d-d-d it in.

Yeah, maybe the 80's, yes they were poplar here too.  People went nuts for them, big, & small.  I would get the Xmas cards with a foil/shine/pic to it too.  This PIX is about 3 feet x 2 feet 6 inches.  I will have to see if there is anything as to where this came from on it...

I always like the WORLD picture.. :tup3:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk