Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Beauceware - Canadian  (Read 2290 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Beauceware - Canadian
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
Hi there, got this for .50 cents at garage sale....

Beauceware, Canadian, Burgundy in color....possibly rare (?) color.  Marked on bottom with name, and the number 320. Called a Cornucopia vase. Vintage 1945, as found on net. Has 6 divided pockets in vase. Real, real Retro look.....

Approx Size: 6.5 inches tall, 8.50 inches wide, 4 inches wide

((Click Here for reference))

Neat, eh?
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Lustrousstone

• Board Addict
    • My ebay stuff
Re: Beauceware - Canadian
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:00:12 PM »
That's an odd, but nice, thing. Do the pockets connect or are they all separate?
Christine
Which Tyler led the pedants revolt?

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Beauceware - Canadian
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:24:50 PM »
Hi Lustrousstone:

Yeah, it is different.  The pockets, or maybe I should call them dividers are just bands across from side to side.  They do not do all the way down.  I would (assume) that these bands help to *fan* out any cut flowers one may put in it, to help give the flowers a more striking appearance, rather than to have them clump together since the top is at sort of an angle.

It sure does seem to have a real Deco feel to it to me....hope you liked it, as even if it may never have flowers in it here, I just like the look, age, and the flow of it.

**Here is a small link I found of some other Beauceware designs:
http://www.geocities.com/canadian_pottery/beauce.html   :clap2: :tup3:

There are also some other *Canadian* potteries examples (BMP, CCC, etc) there to view - if you also go to the Home page....
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk