Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Poole Twintone and Tableware - LAUNCH on 25th April 2009  (Read 4750 times)

Offline David

• Researcher Author
  • Board Regular
  • Web design, Publisher, Writer
    • Cortex Design
Poole Twintone and Tableware - LAUNCH on 25th April 2009
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »
The new book from Cortex Design, Poole Twintone and Tableware: A History and Collectors? Guide, has now been despatched to the printers in readiness for the final stage of proofreading. The book will be ready by mid-April, in preparation for a launch at Poole Pottery on 25th April 2009. The author, Anne Wilkinson, will be signing copies on that day, between 11am and 3pm.

The launch is also timed to coincide with an event being organised by Poole Pottery to showcase its own Studio range (www.poolepottery.co.uk) and more details on this event will be posted when available.

The book covers the period from the 1920s until 2006 and is another full-colour, large-format production of 164 pages, with about 750 photographs, illustrations from early pattern books and advertisements. The foreword is written by John B Adams, son of the first Managing Director who was the chief designer for thirty years.

Price of the book is ?24, with free postage within the UK.

For more details on Twintone see www.twintone.co.uk, or visit www.cortex-design.co.uk for further sales information, and how to order the book online. A brochure can also be downloaded from either site.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Poole Twintone and Tableware - LAUNCH on 25th April 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:56 AM »
Brilliant news David. Once the launch is done I'll move this over to our Books forum as a permanent ad for you.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline David

• Researcher Author
  • Board Regular
  • Web design, Publisher, Writer
    • Cortex Design
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Thanks Anne. I still have to learn exactly what Poole Pottery are doing, but will add this (or start a new thread) when I know more.

I also meant to say that the book is written, edited, printed and published entirely within the UK.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »
Super! I'm adding this to my list of ref books to buy as well....  I saw some pieces of Twintone in Lancaster this week - I only knew what they were cos of you publishing this book!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:02:55 AM »
Clicking any of the adverts here brings the board commission on that sale only (not on others you choose also from Amazon.)  If you want other pottery books please use the search box at the left side of the screen as then the board benefits on commission from all your qualifying purchases from Amazon. Thank you for supporting the Pottery Board.
Cheers!
 Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk