Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: 2 watercolours 1 is signed ZAGORIA 71  (Read 4362 times)

Offline caterer

• Board Regular
2 watercolours 1 is signed ZAGORIA 71
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »
HI
I have 2 watercolours 1 is signed Zagoria 71 the other i cannot find a signature, but it could be the same artist, and the name could be at the bottom of the painting hidden by the frame card.

can anyone identify these o do you know who zagoria is and if the other is anything to do with this artist.

Thanks
Hazel

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: 2 watercolours 1 is signed ZAGORIA 71
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »
I wonder if the Zagoria one is this man? The style looks similar... http://www.karenfrankelart.com/zagoria.shtml - maybe worth dropping his daughter an email and asking.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Have you taken the frame off to see?  I know....A person hates to do that when it is mounted so nice.  :-\
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline caterer

• Board Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »
Hi
no I have not done that yet, it has been professional done, so I dont like to distrub the painting, but I may have to.
Thanks
Hazel

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »
I hate to have to do that too.......but sometimes one has too.  Right?
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline caterer

• Board Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
I have been lucky on this occasion, this artists daughter sent pics of both of these to her dad and he has confirmed that they are both his, now I have the fun of selling them, he is a well know south africian artist, but may be not so well know in this country, I have to sell them as they were given to me to sell in my charity shop, so I think a visit to the auction house is necessary.
I would never had thought of contacting the artist before, but thanks to a reply on this I was given a contact web address,
these forums are great help to the likes of me, who is not very knowledgable ???

Hazel

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 08:16:49 PM »
That's a great result for you Hazel, it's so nice when you can get that sort of confirmation from the artist. Good luck with the sale for the charity, let us know how you get on with them please. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline caterer

• Board Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »
No Probs, will do, once I get there, I am saving up a few bits and bobs so it saves me keep making journeys there.

Have a good easter  :rn:

Offline ChimpMad

• Board User
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
At the risk of repeating Anne, best of luck with the sale of the pics :x-fingers:
Does the auction house advertise on the net and do live net auctions? If not, it may be worth looking for a few South African art forums and doing a bit of self-advertising, telling them what you have for sale, where and when. You never know, you may get some 'phone bidders or commission bids come in.
If you always expect the worst you'll never be disappointed.

Offline caterer

• Board Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »
Hi
What a good idea, I will do a bit on searching on the web, it wont do any harm,
Thank you for that

hazek :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk