Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: A Von Munchhausen  (Read 4067 times)

Offline MMorris

• Board Member
A Von Munchhausen
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:20:17 AM »
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this artist (apart from what is currently on web)

Here is a drawing by him I bought recently. He was apparently best know for his ballet pictures

Thanks
Mark

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: A Von Munchhausen
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 03:53:02 AM »
Hi Mark, I guess you'll have found this page, but I'll add it here for interest for others too: http://sammler.com/art/munchhausen.htm
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline MMorris

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »
Many Thanks Anne

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
BEAUTIFUL !!  :clap2:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline MMorris

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »
Thanks antiquerose. I really like this picture. I am considering taking it along to the antiques roadshow next week as they are recording in my neck of the woods. Stanway Nr Broadway to be precise (although if they tell me its worthless I'll be as sick as a parrot. :crying1:

Take Care
Mark

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »
antiquerose (or Rose - on here)  LOVES :heart3: :hearteyes: :heart3: Antique Roadshow.....oh, do let us know the results  :cheerleader:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline MMorris

• Board Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »
Hi Antiquerose

Went to the roadshow - great fun. Forgot to take my picture though (Durr) :mad: Still it was a super day out. I stood watching the picture experts as they examined worthless prints that people had queued for 4.5 hours to show (chuckle).

There where some great odd moments too when people bought 'junk' items which turned out to be valuable & other times when 'posh' people brought along worthless items.

It was interesting to see how the experts classified pieces of art into catagories rather than as individual works of art

I think I'm on film so I'll keep my eyes open when it comes on

Regards
Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk