If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Max Roesler, Rodach - reticulated/ribbon plate  (Read 9881 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
Max Roesler, Rodach - reticulated/ribbon plate
« on: September 01, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
Nice porcelain reticulated plate, or 'ribbon' plate as the seller described it.  So spent a ridiculous amount of time threading it with ribbon  :czy:

Made by Max Roesler, Rodach, Bavaria (1894-1943).  The mark impressed on the base has a rose in a shield and above it the initials RMR for Roesler Max Rodach.  I think this might be one of the earlier marks, and possibly Victorian, but not too sure.
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Max Roesler, Rodach - reticulated/ribbon plate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
That *is* nice Anne. I do like ribbon plates, they are very much a part of the canal scene still, as well as being interesting in their own right.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:46:49 AM »
Wow...never seen a ribbon plate...that is neat.....and you can change the ribbon for special holiday too.

Are you going to do that?  Really nice!
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
I'm going to thread it with red silky ribbon so that it contrasts against the glaze colour better.  I think you might be right about changing the colour to fit the occasion and would imagine that's what people did.

I thought it was glass when I first spotted it.  I've got some Sowerby plates that look very similar in design.  They date back to the 1880s, and were made in vitro-porcelain - which imitates porcelain.  I'll take a pic. later and show you. ;D
Anne E.B.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
Pictures showing two of my Sowerby glass (vitro-porcelain) reticulated plates and the 'RMR' porcelain ribbon plate. 

The pale blue one is quite an early Sowerby one, and the green one, or more correctly Aesthetic Green is dated to the 1880s and is apparently quite collectable and scarce :gcheer:  They are all roughly the same size, but the two Sowerby glass plates are much heavier.
Anne E.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk