If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Unusual signed vase?  (Read 4656 times)

Offline bradbury7308

• Board Member
Unusual signed vase?
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:05:52 AM »
Unsure of this piece of potteries history it measures just over 6" high with a smallholed tip at the top. It has unusual decoration to much of its surface, The base foot is white clay? The vase is very finely potted not much weight too it. The base is signed difficult to make out but seems to be E j?or t? he and either y or underscored then 88 a date i think. thanks for looking. :cheerleader:

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Re: Unusual signed vase?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »
It's hard to make the mark out as photo is a little blurry. Could it be Ewenny Pottery perhaps?

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Board User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:44:52 AM »
I can help a bit with the decoration. That is done by putting some form of crystal on it that explodes when it is fired. I saw several pieces like that in Alaska last summer. Bought a very pretty blue one. I will look it up on the 'net and let you know.

Carolyn

Offline bradbury7308

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:23:25 PM »
hi thanks for the reply from you both, im in dout its ewenny at present but it never looked it at first sight too me. Ewenny tends to be a little heavier going off some pieces ive handled but it is a preety good shade of blue like ewenny i must admit. The comment that mention's its decorated by crystals exploding on the surface of the pot in the kiln is very interesting. Thankyou for your help both. :beer:

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Board User
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »
Sorry, tried to find more information on the little pot I brought back from Alaska was was unable to as yet. I will keep working on it though.

Carolyn

Offline lmj

• Board Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:54:49 AM »
Hi i dont think its ewenny as they are usually clear on the base signatures and i have not seen that type of shape made by them,i will call into the studio soon, as i do not live to far away and make some enquires..lynn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk