If you have problems with your password & need help, use the Contact button at the top to ask for help.

Author Topic: Kitty Macbride mice figures  (Read 54697 times)

Offline MOLLY

• Board Member
Re: Kitty Macbride mice figures
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »
Kitty Macbride gave a talk to our Ladies Circle Meeting in th early 80s and gave a hand crafted mouse for the raffle prize which I was lucky enough to win.  I may be persuaded to part with it for the right money

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
I've split daisydooda's post about her item for sale off and moved it to the Sales forum instead. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
Yeah!
Just bought EIGHT original Kitty MacBride mice to add to my collection. Some lovely examples of her work. Really delighted. My collection is looking rather substantial now!   ;D

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »
Ooohhh congratulations! May we see pictures of your new ones please?
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
Just bought another mouse to add to my collection. Quite an interesting little story behind it. Kitty MacBride was the guest speaker at a Women's Institute meeting in the early eighties. She donated a super, little mouse as the raffle prize. I bought it from the lady who won the raffle, so I was able to speak to her about Kitty and add a little bit more information to my research. Yeah!

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Had a good year 'collecting wise' in 2011, and I now have 35 'original' Kitty MacBride mice.

Always looking to add to my collection and willing to pay good prices for the right figures.

If anyone has any please get in touch.     :mse:

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 01:41:06 AM »
Wow! You're doing really well. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline roo

• Board Member
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
Hello Hello!
I have my grandmother's collection of Kitty Macbride mice (2 mass production, 21 signed using glaze, or cutting into the clay). They remind me of her, and I don't want to sell them, but I would like to know a bit more about them, if anybody has any information. For instance, some are signed and lettered and numbered (with the same hand as the signature), but most are simply signed. It seems that I have entered this chat a bit late in the game, but if anyone out there can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if someone out there is still cataloging, I would be happy to provide pictures if that is of any help, although a few of the pieces are chipped. :(

Offline Kilmeny

• Board Member
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
If you are still interested in finding out more about Kitty MacBride (creator of the Happy Mice), her son and daughter have just published a book called ?Siblings? Haven? which gives a lot of information about this extraordinary woman. The book is available from Halsgrove email: sales@halsgrove.com.

Offline Olesha

• Board Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
Hello, I have an original Kitty MacBride mouse. She embroidered "Amor Vincit Omnia." And there is little scissors beside her or him :)  Let me know if you are interested.

Offline myrasmith36

• Board Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 03:17:28 PM »
Hi Buddy.   Are you still in the market for original Kitty MacBride Mice and info, re Kitty.
I have two originals which Kitty made personally for my daughter together with a personalised small dish, for Julie.
These are from Kitty's time in Bradwell where I am from and are circa 1975 all are signed Kitty MacBride England.
Look forward to hearing from you.  Regards. Merry legs.

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
Hi Merry Legs,

I have sent you a personal message.

Regards,

Buddydazzler.

Offline Ness

• Board Member
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »
Hi Buddy
I also have a couple of original Kitty MacBride figures - both signed 'Kitty MacBride England'. One is a bashful mouse on her own called 'I'm Engaged'; the other looks like the happy fiancée (same pink scarf) with her other half. Let me know if you're interested - even just for logging them in your research!
Thanks
Ness

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
Hi Ness,
I have sent you a personal message. Please get back to me.
Buddydazzler.

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
July 2015.
Always on the lookout for 'original' Kitty MacBride mice figurines to add to my collection.  Good prices paid. Get in touch!

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »
3rd September 2015.

I have created a web site with information about Kitty MacBride and photographs from my collection of her original work.

www.kittymacbride.co.uk

Take a look!

Offline Buddydazzler

• Board Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk