Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Marble Egg with etched Picture  (Read 2422 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Marble Egg with etched Picture
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:08 AM »
Bought this today.  It is about the size of a *real* large egg.  I think it is marble and it looks like it is a Chinese Scene -- so I assuming it is Chinese.  Not sure what one would call this.

On the Right side there looks to be a *possible* signature, or letters/marks....can anyone figure them out?  Anyone one have an idea what this is called, or if new or old -- or any info at all.

Thanks ;)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Re: Marble Egg with etched Picture
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »
Well, it's a different shape to the new ones i've seen and it's hand painted too, not something i've seen before.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »
Hi Tc - not sure if really hand painted, or if carved (scratched) into and then painted in.  If you look as #2, and #3 photo you can see the lines scratched into the item.

I think....

I will have to try my magnifying glass trick on this one.... :)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
Yeah, i was wondering about that myself, etched in, then hand painted over the top.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk