Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: China Cabinet  (Read 2603 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
China Cabinet
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:45:06 AM »
Hi there:

I bought this used China Cabinet for $50 from a Thrift type of store about 2 years ago now.  Before they had deliver it to my place -- another person already wanted to buy it -- and wanted to know IF I would sell it.  This was all before it had left the store...

This is a picture of it -- I will take some other ones too -- but just now I happen to be trolling around on Rubylane and I found this item, which looks like mine almost.  That one is listed there for $995.00  :o

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/antiquefellows/item/08-1052

I wonder IF mine had legs once too.  The way the wood is made (and looks) does look the same.  The glass in my Cabinet has a bit of a *wave* to it -- so I assume that it is older original glass to it.  The glass seems thin, and a bit wavy in it.  My also has a sort of paneling on the back of it.

So when I just happen to run across this thing on Rubylane just now -- I knew I had a pic on my computer here of mine (for a glass shot of pieces) that I could quickly post here -- but I will try to take some more pics of my china Cabinet here in the coming days -- but I thought I would quickly post this now -- and see what you think.

I wonder if my $50 china cabinet could be around from the late 1800's....after all....someone wanted to buy it from me before it had been delivered....Hm-m-m-m-m

Hope so, as that is one good return on my $50 Bucks  :D

Thanks
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Re: China Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
Ooh matron, you flashing your glass cabinet at me, lol?  :24:

Very nice.  ;D

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: China Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »
many more pieces that will not fit in it --and even more pieces not in it that I have here.  It is already fuller than when this pic was taken too.

Wonder if my cabinet once had legs....have to wait till there is no glass in it to take a look...

:)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk