Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: PQM - CANADA Potter Bowl  (Read 7895 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
PQM - CANADA Potter Bowl
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:06:09 AM »
Hi found this.  Never heard ever of what looks to be PQM.  Definitely says Canada, so that is a given. It is about 7 inches tall, and 8 inches wide.  Has a drippy type of glaze, and thick -- and it reminds me of Blue Mountain Pottery -- except this is Green and black.

I will see IF I can find any history on this Pottery.

thanks
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Board User
Re: PQM - CANADA Potter Bowl
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »
Blue Mountain did more colours than the well-known blue/black combination, Rose. Which reminds me, last Christmas I asked a few BMP sites about a bowl I bought and then forgot to check back. Really must do that.

Carolyn

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
Hi there:
I hope it is OK to have this a running post -- as I just found another little PQM vase, so I will *just add* here under the title of this.

This little vase I found is about 5 inches tall, and 4.5 inches wide.   It is a nice purple color with with strands of weeping gols over it....Very pretty.  This also  is marked PQM CANADA 155

Quite lovely the color combination.  :sign_wow:

Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »
Hi there -
Thought I would *just keep* this thread going along as I seem to be stumbling on a few PQM items lately.  I hope this is OK if I post any more PQM items I find in this same post to show the different items I have found.

Anyways -- found these now..........pair of RETRO ORANGE-ISH VASES -- SEAHORSES

Two retro colored tall vases about 11 inches high,  with motifs of Seahorses on them.  Signed on the bottom with PQM Canada 153, and also a signed signature that looks like the initials of:  DLH or DSH -- but I think it is really the initials of DLH.

So as we figure these PQM items out, as I am not finding much info....Thxs

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »
Rose, please do keep adding them as you find them as it all helps us to build up a picture of a pottery we don't know anything about. :kissy:
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
Thanks Anne -- I *seen* to be able spot them a mile away.....seems like I am able to spot them a mile away these days.  All the years collecting, and never saw one -- now I am finding them.

Seems like they liked the Seahorse design, as the Purple and gold ones have them on them -- as do these Retro Orange one.

That OK in my books !!!  ;)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »

Rose, please do keep adding them as you find them as it all helps us to build up a picture of a pottery we don't know anything about. :kissy:

Well here we go again.... :tup1:

Found another Piece here of PQM Canada Pottery vase.  I can see the marks of QM and see some of Canada, so I am certain this is PQM.  I am going to try taking some pics in different light in Daylight.

This is kinda different.  Almost like fat lava type, but has like a foamy lava on it.  From what I am finding here -- and the Pics I have posted -- Seems like PQM Canada had quite a Range of colors, designs, and forms that they did.  Most interesting from my own little collection that I have now.

Will take some better pics of base in bright light in the coming days to see IF I can make out the number on the bottom too.  In the pic I posted here of the bottom, you can still see the slight marks of PQM in the center of the very top....very faint.  This is about 12 inches tall, and about 4.75 inches wide at the widest point.

Enjoy   :cheerleader: .....as I am enjoying the variety that PQM seems to have done, and what I am finding. 

:gcheer:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk