Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: Japan - Set, Pink and Squiggles  (Read 3197 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Japan - Set, Pink and Squiggles
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:41:31 AM »
Hi, I just bought these.  They look like they are from the 50's (??) era to me, because of the:

~ the pink Color
~ the handle reminds me of some BOH glass things
~ the Squiggles.  Those type of things (squiggles) were popular on clothing, like the Poodle Skirt.

Just says Japan on the bottom.

I do not know what to call the things on them -- squiggles, or is it more like spaghetti design on it....or just raised loops ??

Have not found anything on the net either....to date them, or figure out what the Net has them listed as.....

Kinda like them... :cheerleader:  :clap:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Japan - Set, Pink and Squiggles
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:16 AM »
These are what my Mum calls dust trap vases, cos trying to get the dust out of all those petals is tricky! My Nan used to love things like this, very frilly and fussy and girlie. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:18:56 AM »
These are what my Mum calls dust trap vases, cos trying to get the dust out of all those petals is tricky! My Nan used to love things like this, very frilly and fussy and girlie. :)

LOL......see that is why I always keep my old toothbrushes here.....just for cleaning things like that.....no use throwing it away -- when there still is a function for it.

I always have a toothbrush in the kitchen drawer.

These look really 50-ish to me....still do not know what you call the loopy things...??
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 01:05:15 AM »
I think it's called piping,I believe they use wet 'slip'(clay) and pipe it on like the icing on a cake,I could be barking up an entirely different tree though but I'm trying,so they tell me,
                                     Keith.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
It reminds me of Capo di Monte.  I use to have a couple of CdM flower bowls in the late 60s  but the flower petals chipped really easily.  Even now, its difficult to find one without any damage.
Anne E.B.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
It reminds me of Capo di Monte.  I use to have a couple of CdM flower bowls in the late 60s  but the flower petals chipped really easily.  Even now, its difficult to find one without any damage.

Hi there -- as far as I can tell -- these look pretty Mint -- that is why I grabbed then, as you are right.....usually lots of chips...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk