Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: 1967 Kenmore Coffee Pot  (Read 3377 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
1967 Kenmore Coffee Pot
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:23:31 AM »
I had to tell you folks that my (newer) coffee pot here died one day....and I was needing a  :coffee: really bad.  I knew I had this old one down in the basement as I did use it in the 80's for a while, but it has been stored away here since then.

Well dug it out, gave it a clean (just some dust on it...LOL) and put my coffee in it --- and away it goes -- making a perfect cup of coffee.

I have decided *why* buy a new coffee to replace the one that quit on me -- I am just going to keep using this one.  It is a KENMORE, and on the bottom is says 1967.  That is still the original cord with it too.

See -- you buy a New coffee pot that is like maybe 7 years old, and it Quits ---- while one that is 43 YEARS OLD still works....and after sitting here in a box for another 30 years.....LOL

Love this Retro fair to it -- and I will be having my coffee in Style every Morning.

Love the chrome..........and I am thinking the handle is Bakelite too !!!   :happy: :tup3:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline deco.queen

• Board Regular
  • I Love Anything Art Deco
    • Marvelous Metal-A collection with glass & pottery
Re: 1967 Kenmore Coffee Pot
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
We have coffee pots from the 30s and 40s made by Farberware and they still work great too. It's fun to use the older pieces.
Janice
Author of "The Fabulous World of Farberware"

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
We have coffee pots from the 30s and 40s made by Farberware and they still work great too. It's fun to use the older pieces.

....And they MAKE the best coffee!!    :cheerleader:  yummy  - I love Coffee ! :coffee:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
The old electrical's last longer, the only drawback is that they are sometimes not safety checked. The ones with no earth cable are dangerous. Often i would see electrical's come into my shop with the main cable grip away from the main cable, so the wires were hanging on by the 3 smaller cables, a big no no. If those wires get pulled and twisted they will connect eventually.

I bought a new iron once and when i plugged it in it started smoking and didn't work. Turns out the previous owner had returned it and all the wires were mixed up so that positive was negative. That's why all modern electrical's come with the plugs build into the wire. Not that i'm trying to put you off your coffee Rose.  ;D

Year's ago, my family had the same oven for 25+ years (it was older than me), it never failed apart from replacing the rings.  It eventually blew up in the end. I then bought a new one and within a week all the buttons melted on the front. I had a shield guard on it but it still melted the buttons. I don't get the point of the shield guard anyway, these things should have proper non-melting buttons. People who pay big money for ovens shouldn't have to experience it melting away bit by bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk