For your safety passwords need to be a mixture of upper & lowercase letters and digits and at least 8 characters long.

Author Topic: 1994 Barbie Box  (Read 14080 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
1994 Barbie Box
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
Found this with other stuff in it at a flea market.  I bought it for just the box.  It does say 1994 on it - so 15 years old now.  I guess a barbie collector might be interested in it.  Not sure how much a box would be worth - I guess it depends on how badly a person wants it.  It still must have some value (a bit) to it (??)...hoping anyways.  TIA
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: 1994 Barbie Box
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
A box for a collectable will probably have a value Rose, as many people will have dumped the boxes. A quick Google search for Barbie +Enesco brings around 241,000 results (!) - Enesco made the Barbie collectables such as ornaments, plates, vases, mugs, and figurines. Is there any clue on the box as to what sort of item it contained?
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline ChimpMad

• Board User
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
Did anybody see the chap with 2000 Barbies on Antiques Roadshow this Sunday? He'd gone as far as having a large tattoo on his right shoulder. Strangely, the tattoo made Barbie look as though she was posing for Playboy!! My first thought was 'This man needs  :hlp:, and fast'
But yes, the box should have some value to a collector, lets just hope that you don't bump into the above obsessive while trying to find one  ;D ;D ;D
If you always expect the worst you'll never be disappointed.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:38 AM »
lol...
No Barbies tattoos here...  I figure so one might be looking for it, since a boxed item is more presentable (and $$$).  I have no idea what came in it.  I did find this sample:  Click here

Click Here also mentions a box, but does not show it...
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
I saw the Barbie collector, yep, very unusual subject for a man I thought.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
You should see my Tiger tattoo...  :o

....Actually, i hate tattoo's, but if i did have one it would probably be of something rude!  ;D

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:12 AM »
I guess that man just idolizes Barbie...   :mad: :czy:    of what is to be the PERFECT women  :24:

HA -

Offline ChimpMad

• Board User
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Barbies made for either the Japanese or Chinese market were made with much smaller 'protrusions'  :notme: and less curves to more accurately reflect the Asian body shape (or have I imagined this?).
If you always expect the worst you'll never be disappointed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk