Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: Ring----> Silver, China, and Jade  (Read 3245 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Ring----> Silver, China, and Jade
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:58:38 AM »
have this ring I got in a bag of stuff.  Appears to be older IMHO.  The Green stone would appear to be Jade.  The ring was well worn, and has a repair to it....BUT you can see that it says CHINA  on the inside yet....and also SILVER.

Any ideas, or info on this??
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
Re: Ring----> Silver, China, and Jade
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:07:29 AM »
Not sure of the exact age, but I do know that modern Chinese jewellery is only marked 925 these days.

If I had to guess at the age with that type of decoration, I would say 1920's / 30's, but could possibly be earlier or later.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:00:47 AM »
There is also something called Chinese Silver apparently, which is an alloy containing only 2% silver, the rest being 58% copper, 17.5% zinc, 11.5% nickel and 11% cobalt. But, I don't think yours is that... I did find another on eBay which is marked SILVER, where the seller states, "Marked - 'Silver' - which was used to mark many Chinese Export Sterling items up until 1922" LINK
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
Thanks for your replies....

yes I have also been told it is an *early Art Deco* CHINESE EXPORT RING, and around the early 1900's too. 

Still digging here for more info.
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:12 AM »
You could try posting it on http://www.925-1000.com/forum/index.php in the jewellery section, there are a few members who are very knowledgeable about Chinese silver

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:20:32 AM »
You could try posting it on http://www.925-1000.com/forum/index.php in the jewellery section, there are a few members who are very knowledgeable about Chinese silver

Thank you...will check that out!!  As I sure do not know that much about it!!

:gcheer:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk