If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: British United Clock Company...  (Read 9240 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
British United Clock Company...
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:13:28 AM »
Hi there:

thought I would post for you a couple of old clocks I found around here....long way from home.  These are dark horses as collectors do not know that much about them as they were only around for 24 years.  They closed business in 1909.  So very Early clocks.   these are Desk top clocks.....not that big.

http://en.wikicollecting.org/british-united-clock-company

Start looking for them, as people discover about this.....demand will rise.  They already demand some serious $$$$

Pics Clock One, the Horse Shoe Clock as I call it:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
Re: British United Clock Company...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 06:17:39 AM »
Pics Clock Two, the Canon Clock as I call it:

Kinda Neat very old Clocks i found!!!  Watch for them!!  :good:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »

.....oh forgot to say that I think both of these clock dates were around the late 1890's.... :tup3:  A true Antique being over a 100 years old.  The Cannon clock still worked, but I lost a bit of time.  Mostly likely needs a good cleaning.  The horseshoe one would wind and tick for a while (so worked) but probably needed a good cleaning too.  So seems like both had their working parts

:pst:

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 07:42:28 AM »
Nice clocks, thanks for sharing and the information.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
Hiya Rose! You do find some interesting things over there, for sure. These are a long way from home too! Does the design number read 209716 or 209778 on the top one? I can't quite make it out.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
Hiya Rose! You do find some interesting things over there, for sure. These are a long way from home too! Does the design number read 209716 or 209778 on the top one? I can't quite make it out.

I think it says:  209718 ??

here is some more stuff on these types of Clocks

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/items/404500/mantel-clock-british-united-clock-co-birmingham-circa-1890

Same Cannon type Here: http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3035/object/1043/Trophy_clock

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5177623

They are OLD......Company only around for 24 years!!

Most likely these came here to Canada with the wave of immigrants back in the early 1900's, as Canada is made up of a lot of people from the *Old Country* -- Including my heritage.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk