Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Toys  (Read 678 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Toys
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
Some toys i've had over the years...

Chiltern Hugmee bear
Charlie Bears
Frogger Handheld
Tomy Pocketgame Robot Factory

Offline Tigerchips

• Board Moderator
  • Board Super-hero
Re: Toys
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
Tomy robots are very collectable these days...

Tomy 2XL robot
Stuffed Koala

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »
Oh! Now you might have started something, TC! I have a lot of bears etc...    my oldest one is a 1968 Dean's golden bear, his stitching came apart one day and his head fell off. That was when I discovered that he is stuffed with sawdust (which is why he isn't a cuddly bear!) and his head has a huge spike on it that sticks down into the sawdust - it's about 4" long and wickedly sharp. You could do someone a mischief with it!  I had to have his head stitched back on to keep him safe. He is called Edward Dean, and sports a snazzy red waistcoat that my mother made him, and a nifty ribbon and bow from round a box of choc's which he wears as a bow tie!

I did have two older bears, one from when I was a baby which was red and green and had a growler, and the other was my dad's when he was little, but they were both lost when my parents separated in 1975. No idea where they disappeared to.  :boohoo:  Dad's was very like your Chiltern bear but his was threadbare having been hugged a lot!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Board User
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
I have a bear dating from approximately 1959 (year of birth). His name was Fuzzy Wuzzy. However, like the bear in the poem:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk