If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Mark - G /Japan/398  (Read 2345 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Mark - G /Japan/398
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:50:46 AM »
Hi i have a creamer, and sugar bowl that is marked with a "G" with some leaves/branches around this G, then says just *Japan*, and the numbers 398. ???

Anyone tell me what the mark means?  As for the color of these, I have found a similar example of the color, it is on:  http://www.rubylane.com/shops/donnadally/iteml/Dx20Artx20Decox20vasesx20Squirl#pic6   I hope my pixs turned out to show you this same type of irredesescent sparkle/swirl as the post that I posted here...

And *HAVE* I posted them in the right place, since i know they just say Japan, on it,,,but did the *G* mean anything....so if I posted in wrong place--just move to correct :) :)

Thanks
Rose :rse:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Lustrousstone

• Board Addict
    • My ebay stuff
Re: Mark - G /Japan/398
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:45:42 PM »
Laurel wreaths surrounding a letter seem to be very common Japanese marks  :-\ Gem China and Garden China are two Japanese companies starting with g for a start. Are they china or earthenware?
Christine
Which Tyler led the pedants revolt?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk