Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Oriental Treen!  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Elaine

• Board User
Oriental Treen!
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:06 PM »
Treen!  I can do that, too!  I inherited some of that from my famous great aunt as well   ;D

This is an interesting .... er .... 'box' for want of a better description.  Perhaps someone can tell me exactly what it is?

The front is carved with a tree and some little figures in robes. If you open it up there is a little ivory figure of a man in robes inside - almost as if he were in a coffin!   :o 

Intriguingly, there is also a piece of folded tissue paper underneath the figure, which I have never removed.  I don't know if it's just padding to make the little man comfy, or if there is something else wrapped in it ???  Perhaps one day I'll take it out and investigate.

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
Re: Oriental Treen!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »
I have a feeling this is japanese Lenni, can't say what it is though!?
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline Elaine

• Board User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »
I think it's probably Japanese, Sue.  I believe my great aunt did spend some time there, although she lived mainly in Siam (as it was then).   

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:21:41 PM »
Ahhhh....that's real pretty....

I would be checking the paper underneath just to see....if nothing on it.....then you have just *fluffed* his bed after a few years.... :24: :24: I sure he'd enjoy that too.

Rose  :rse:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk