For your safety passwords need to be a mixture of upper & lowercase letters and digits and at least 8 characters long.

Author Topic: Byron Molds - Plate  (Read 3133 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Byron Molds - Plate
« on: November 24, 2007, 07:32:23 AM »
  ??? Hi, I have this.  It says it is Byron Molds on the back.  What I found (?) was of course, hand-done...and done for his daughters....anyone know anything else. 

I like the whimiscal look of it, the raised surface of it, and the sort of Folk art appeal...

What do U think  ???
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Byron Molds - Plate
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:58:51 AM »
Hi Rose, It seems that Byron Molds are a type of mold used by ceramic makers. I found them listed on a ceramics' supply site here: http://www.debmark.com/molds/molds.php - it might be worth asking these folks if they can tell you which one your plate is from.

I'm wondering if it may have been made by someone at a ceramics class or workshop as their project... I don't know if you have them in Canada, but we have these here where folks have a kiln and run classes or just have times when you can go along and do a piece and then have it fired and come back for it later when it's done. (I tried it once but my piece cracked in the kiln.)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Byron Molds - Plate
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:12:06 AM »
found this site, and if you scroll to the second from the bottom, there is an Amish man from Byron Molds (1974) for 55 *pounds*

http://www.aladdinantiques.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/aladdin?opendocument&part=3

and did find this on Ebay ( the same scene is shown here) colored or done by someone else....
   Item number: 160183380025

I like the way the person did mine better...the colors etc... ;D
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk