Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: R?rstrand Dish / Ashtray  (Read 2858 times)

Offline robbo

• Board Member
R?rstrand Dish / Ashtray
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:25:25 PM »
Hi,

I wondered if anybody could give any info about this dish (perhaps an ashtray).
On the inside in one corner it has a moose or reindeer and the word "SWEDA". I suppose it could be some kind of corporate thing (Sweda seem to make electrical items, cash registers, watches etc.  :-\)

Thanks
Robbo

Offline robbo

• Board Member
Re: R?rstrand Dish / Ashtray
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:56:11 PM »
Hi,

I know what you mean - I think I'm right in saying marks are often like this:

Auction

However I did find this (no crowns)

Auction

???
Robbo

Offline robbo

• Board Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
Thanks folks, I think Martyn posted on the GMB that he had internet problems, so hopefully he'll be along when he's sorted.

Pip I agree about the dish thing. Describing something as an ashtray really is a killer these days  :-X
Robbo

Offline Martyn

• Board User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »
Hi Robbo,

I'm back  ;D

Just keeping my head down on this one... ;)....it looks OK to me though as Kev and Pip said without the crowns, or designer initials is unusual in my experience.

The glaze, style and writing looks OK... the iron red on the base is a bit sloppy, but can be...Your idea about it being made to order for a company called SWEDA sounds likely, though that does'nt seem to be the current logo of the till people?

All in my cautious opinion would be very likely it's right, but dont want to stick my neck out too far.

If it were mine I'd email SWEDA and ask if they ever had a stag/deer/moose as a compay logo and when?

Where did you buy it?

Offline robbo

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »
Martyn,

Thanks for your comments. I'll try emailing Sweda in Sweden and see if they can come up with anything. I bought it from a regional antique centre. It was hidden in amongst a stack of hideous modern "collector" type plates, only ?5.
Robbo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk