Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: I think a Print - Cornelius Krieghoff  (Read 9032 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
I think a Print - Cornelius Krieghoff
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
Bought this a long time ago for .50 cents.  There is a little sign on the back that says "Indian Camp and Portage     Cornelius Krieghoff".  The back is all sealed in with like brown wrap, and it seems to have some age to it....but I do not think it is a painting....maybe a watercolor...or a print of a watercolor...or a lithograph. I am leaning more to a lithograph... ???

I might have to take the brown wrap off just to see anything else.  Hate too, but I think on this one I may have too...see if I can find out more.  Having it all sealed in though, with the label on it...makes me think that this older...maybe an older lithograph print...
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Lustrousstone

• Board Addict
    • My ebay stuff
Re: I think a Print - Cornelius Krieghoff
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
The original was an oil, see here scroll down
Christine
Which Tyler led the pedants revolt?

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »
I know that he did oil...but when I was trying to research, I found prints listed in the McCord Museum....here ( i do not know how to make link smaller)....so confused..They have several prints - lithographs, and oils there ??

http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/en/collection/artifacts/M11910&section=196?Lang=1&accessnumber=M11910&section=196
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:49:05 PM »
Different view but similar subject to those shown on that page Christine. He seemed to do quite a few variations on a theme... 

Wikipedia gives a bit more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornelius_Krieghoff

and some more here: http://cybermuse.gallery.ca/cybermuse/docs/bio_artistid2998_e.jsp
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:16 AM »
found this site, with a Collection of 119 of his paintings/prints.  I went all through them but did not find one that matches -- but the lithographs styles do look similiar to what I have....geez...

This is a good link (if you want to add)....but it is so long of one, and I do not know how you guys make them smaller.....

http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s1=+Cornelius+Krieghoff&s8=y&l=20&Sect1=IMAGE&Sect2=THESOFF&Sect4=AND&Sect5=ICONPEN&Sect6=HITOFF&d=ICON&p=1&u=http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/archivianet/02011602_e.html&r=119&f=S

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
AR, as Anne said the other day - please add any links like this yourself directly to our links section - you don't need to worry about shortening anything - just add the URL and it'll be fine (click the Links at the top of the page and follow the instructions).

I added this here for this post SOLELY, just like any other posts that references (other links) are given.........example:  http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?topic=4337.msg23259#msg23259
 :huh:

I would NOW like to Add this to the links section...thus that is why I asked after how to shorten the link title in order to put this as a LINK  (as a new post on how to do it...)

I thought (as per above Example) that others post *sites/links* to references in topics too....???

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »
I posted that link here in this thread as a reference.  Some of Cornelius Krieghoff examples I have found show Oil, and prints/lithographs, which we have discussed here --within this DISCUSSION.  I am learning, and researching here too.  In order to help relay what I meant about my print (picture) that I posted here, I put this link in that also shows *prints/lithographs* done by the artist of this thread.

I am not too  :comp: smart....

I wanted to add this link here in the thread (for other members to) while we discuss/learn/research....but I hated to add it since it was so long...I did not know what to do nor did I know how to shorten it for any *thread* or any *link*....as I know you folks are MUCH more computor smart than me...
 :sign_stupid:

So I just posted (as it was) here in this thread as a reference in our discussion here on this post....

Then I did think this was a good link...and maybe should be added, but I did not know if long, long, long links like this are allowed to be added to the LINK page....so when I asked (if you want to add)......I was basically asking for assistance on how long, long, long links are added....I did not know IF you just add them that way, or if it should be shorter....and sometimes when you (copy/paste) long, long, links they do not work....so I have now learnt to check any link (thread or post or whatever) to see that it works.

Then as soon as I posted this -- I thought I will post a question on this matter (to shorten link words) as If I am to post links myself, then I should TRY to learn how to shorten them too....as I did not know.

I just did NOT KNOW if long, long links like this can be added to THE THREAD or TO THE LINK SECTION -- SIMPLE.  Just posted the link here in thread for part of our dicussion...that is all.

Sorry  :boohoo:

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
I just did NOT KNOW if long, long links like this can be added to THE THREAD or TO THE LINK SECTION -- SIMPLE.  Just posted the link here in thread for part of our dicussion...that is all.

They can be added to both, Rose - you don't need to ask permission, just do it. ;)  Adding them to the topic keeps them relevant to the discussion, adding them to the Links section makes them available for other searches, so it's useful both ways. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Lustrousstone

• Board Addict
    • My ebay stuff
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
I think that Krieghoff produced oils, water colours and lithographs, but it doesn't look as if he produced lithographs of his oils - the pictures don't seem to match. He was obviously painting to make money...

Yours is probably a more modern print.
Christine
Which Tyler led the pedants revolt?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk