Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: BUKANG LIWAYWAY - Limited picture  (Read 5937 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
BUKANG LIWAYWAY - Limited picture
« on: March 01, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »
Hi, I have this.  The picture itself, is only about 2 inches, by 4 inches.  Very small, but matted.  It is titled as "BUKANG LIWAYWAY".  It also numbered:  7 out of 50, so a very, very low amount producted -- only 50.  It is also signed by someone in 1979 by the name of *Pal_______*, I think.

I have been trying to research this, and I think this is somewhere in the Philliaplines....but that is as far as I got, as I do not know if the artist was from there, or someone here did it up from a picture -- No idea, but I figure it may be someone from there (???) since it is numbered -- but that is an assumption :-\

Think anyone can figure the signature out........ :-\ :idea: :idea: :sign_help:

**(There, I did my posting for the day -- hope you enjoy a bit...)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: BUKANG LIWAYWAY - Limited picture
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »
Bukang Liwayway means the dawn (sunrise) in Filipino, which seems to describe your print very well. :) The 7/50 will mean it's the 7th of 50 prints made, so a very small edition as you say.  I can't make out the signature out either though, just the date 79 (i.e, 1979) - I think this one may take a bit of finding, Rose!
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »
Thanks Anne -- they can't all be as simple as you have made them.....SHERLOCK HOLMES ANNE  :bny:

To me, this looks like PALER_____, or PAFER___...

But then I could not tell the difference between a *T* and a *H* before.. :24: :24:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:53:36 AM »
Hi, not knowing IF this is a regular Canadian artist, a Canadian Filipino artist, an american, or an artist from the phillipines ......I did sent a e-mail to a guy that is with the Canadian Filipino artist web page (http://www.edaraquel.net/) to see IF he can help me, or knows anything about the artist...or if he can point me in some direction......right now.....any direction would help  8:) 8:)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
Hi, I found this site....it says it free, but only to get the basics I think, and it does have a list of artists names there.....but then if you want more info -- it thens costs money...

http://findartinfo.com/browse/index~letter~A1.asp

BUT THEN, IT DOES HAVE A BROWSE SECTION BY ALAPHABET, and to me this name on this pciture here looked like (maybe) pafer_____, and I found nothing for that here (but that spelling is still not out) ...just here I never found a thing, so then I tried PALER_____, and I came up with some names.  I will now google these names in (trial and error) with the name BUKANG LIWAYWAY.  (Well not BLINKY here, since he died in 1977, and the painting I have posted here was done in 1979... :-\ :-\)

? Palerma, J. (Italy) (1900-)
? Palermo, Blinky (peter Heisterkamp) (Germany) (1943-1977)
? Palermo, Gerhard Richter And Blinky
? Palermo, R. Jafury Da

It might be the long way to TRY, but it is still trying....and this names might not even be a match to the name on the picture -- but I am just researching....and maybe I will hit it lucky.....or next time me (or any of use are looking) the person could be listed here right from the word go....

But this site might help to figure out some signatures, or the artist COULD be listed there...

AND HERE IS ANOTHER SITE TO TRY:   http://www.askart.com/AskART/p.aspx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk