Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Oriental Vase - With a Label  (Read 3299 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Oriental Vase - With a Label
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:44:42 AM »
Hi, I got this.  There is lots of crazing on it -- and it does have a label on it -- but I am coming up short-ended with info on it.  What I find is like nothing....very limited.  Anyone can tell me about this label (Good Quality, or bad - looks Good to me).  The age due to the cracks in the glaze --- and the Foil label.  What date is this from, and anything about the label, as I am not finding much....

Label say SILVER on it -- so what part is Silver -- as I see GOLD color on it.  Is there a Silver content......or a higher quality of a vase??

Chinese ? 

Thanks -- I do not have my measurements handy for this right now -- but there is a penny in the pic for size....I am not sure where I wrote the size down, so I will post the size once I find the *scrap* of paper. 

Thanks
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline keith

• Board Addict
Re: Oriental Vase - With a Label
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:06:33 PM »
Japanese Rose,my expertise amazes even me,it says Japan,Nagoya,on the label ;D,have seen a few of these about,quite new I think,you can get them with silver or gold leaf decoration,will try and google the company and see what comes up,Keith.

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
Have so far found a set of 4 plates,$12 and a single plate at 49 cents,so don't think you can retire to Barbados just yet!

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:24:02 AM »
Better luck next time  :rse:,when I win the lottey I'll send you something nice ;D

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
Better luck next time  :rse:,when I win the lottey I'll send you something nice ;D

LOL - About time.  I am always looking for that *Treasure*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk