Only registered users can view our extensive collection of pottery marks images.

Author Topic: Help to Identify USA Pottery  (Read 3804 times)

Offline megahertz36

• Board Member
    • Buy Pottery Kilns
Help to Identify USA Pottery
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:09:06 AM »
Hello,
Like the forum and the topic you have going here! 
I wanted to share my websites in hopes that they might help people identify old USA pottery, with or without marks.  The first one is - Antique Pottery Identification Site contains information about the 24 most well know American potteries, a forum and other useful stuff. 
My other site (which I took over from the previous owner of Frankoma Pottery) is about existing pottery manufacturers, collecting clubs, etc.  This link will take you to a pottery marks section that I am in the process of completing.  Pottery Marks
If you have a moment, please give me a visit!
Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. - If anyone can help me identify the green flower bowl at this page http://www.oldantiquepottery.info/about.htm  I would be really grateful!

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Help to Identify USA Pottery
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:49:54 AM »
 :bop: and Welcome 

Great sites that you have there!!  Will take a good long look at them.

In regards to your Flower bowl, can you post a clearer shot of the base, and the writing?  I have *some* ideas here -- but whether they are correct is another story.  I am just way, way North of you -- so I imagine we kinda see the same type (??) of pottery (maybe)...LOL

Maybe Anne (the Mod) here can add your links to our links page!!

:cheerleader: Again Welcome.  :kissy:
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »
Welcome indeed and thanks for adding links to your forum - very interesting.  :cheerleader:

I know zilch about American pottery so I may well be asking you for help at times!  ;D
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »
Great resource - now bookmarked.  Thank you :cheerleader:
Anne E.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk