If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Two little dishes Marked "Made in Italy" ????  (Read 3706 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Two little dishes Marked "Made in Italy" ????
« on: July 31, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
Hi there:

Bought these at the OPP shop for only .69 cents each.  The way you see them is how they were made (flaw in the inside of one??).

Is this Italian Majolica, or not?  They both have a number on them too.

Any ideas?  Thanks  ;)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
Re: Two little dishes Marked "Made in Italy" ????
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »
Lovely dishes!
According to one website - http://www.tile-heaven.co.uk/info/about-majolica.htm  the term is "..now generally used for any pottery with impressed relief and bright glaze..."    :gcheer:
I wonder if the number is the pattern/design number - similar to the numbers seen on W.German pottery????
69 cents each!   That's got to be a bargain :cheerleader:  I'm coming shopping with you Rose ;)
Anne E.B.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
Lovely dishes!  ................. 69 cents each!   That's got to be a bargain :cheerleader:  I'm coming shopping with you Rose ;)

Thanks Anne E.B.  :kissy:

So they are Majolica then??  I wonder what year they would be from??

Sure, you can come shopping with me -- You know I always look for bargains at the discount store.  If there are Majolica, then I found a Nice item for less than $1.50 in price.  I saw them, and quickly grabbed them, saw the bottom, looked at the price -- and said to myself "For that Price I have nothing to lose!"

:24: :24: ;D

I have seen things with Made in Italy on them -- but not with numbers on them, so I do not know what the number is for yet -- nor have I found anything on the net to them
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:56:19 AM »
Definately majolica.  I'll keep my eyes open for anything similar which might help ID them.
They might be individual ramekin dishes.  I can't see a flaw, unless its where you mean the blue glaze hasn't entirely covered the surface, but I think that that adds to the charm of them  :gcheer:
Anne E.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk