Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: Unusual Japanese Cloisonne Vase  (Read 2995 times)

Offline ahremck

• Board Member
Unusual Japanese Cloisonne Vase
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »
This vase intrigues me as it is very similar to "Aboriginal" dot painting.  I would estimate it is at least 50 years old and as you can see is signed - must try to get a translation.   

Ross

Offline keith

• Board Addict
Re: Unusual Japanese Cloisonne Vase
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »
Not seen one like that,I'll check my stuff for marks ;D

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
Knew I'd seen that somewhere,I keep a note of all the known marks I come across and yours is in my little book,I believe it is by Ota Hiroaki,don't have any other info' though but it's a start ;D

Offline ahremck

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Thanks for that Keith.  By the way have you come across   http://idcloisonne.com/id28.html  have not had time for a good look but it seems promising.

Ross

Offline ahremck

• Board Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
Using that site I found this

OTA, HIRO-SHI (made by HIRO)

for the markings and there is a very modern abstract vase shown under the "japan Marks" tab near the bottom on the right hand side.

Ross

Offline keith

• Board Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
Have seen that site,would like a good book on cloisonne but they are so expensive,Gregory Irvine's,'Japanese Cloisonne' is worth getting he's the head or Oriental art at the Victoria &Albert museum,London.I emailed that dep't a few times and they were very helpful with translations etc...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk