If you have problems with your password & need help, use the Contact button at the top to ask for help.

Author Topic: Sesto Firenze Del Vivo?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline gps

• Board Member
Sesto Firenze Del Vivo?
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
I bought a really nice coffee set from a bricabrac shop in the Uk for not a lot of money - I have been trying to find out about the set but my searches have found nothing so i was hoping that someone here might be able to tell me about it. It looks like porcelain, and the mark on the bottoms says Sesto Firenze Del Vivo with a design mark of 88/1 (or 1/88?) I've attached a couple of photos - many thanks to anyone who can help

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Sesto Firenze Del Vivo?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:07:15 AM »
Hello and welcome to the board.  :cheerleader:

It seems to be an Italian pottery called Del Vivo:
http://www.archivioceramica.com/FABBRICHE/D/Del Vivo.htm (in Italian), which Google Translate helpfully (but maybe not 100% accurately!) changes to:

Ottorino Del Vivo , along with his brothers own a glass factory, points out that in 1927 the pottery factory " Tonietti & C ". Sesto Fiorentino, formerly owned by Umberto Popes and Torquato Tonietti , becoming the general partner and mutating its name to "Del Vivo Ceramics."

The factory, called the war "The Fabbrichina", after an initial period we characterized by the production of ceramic art in traditional styles and Raphael Della Robbia, limits production to porcelain tableware, dinnerware, tea and coffee.

The company is sold to a group of employees gathered in the cooperative, in 1952.

The backstamp shown on the above page appears to match yours. :)
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk