If you are using a shared PC make sure you log out at the end of your session. This protects your account privacy and especially important if you use a PC in a public library or an internet cafe.

Author Topic: Culloden Pottery lidded pot  (Read 11894 times)

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Culloden Pottery lidded pot
« on: August 12, 2007, 01:40:14 AM »
Bought from the pottery some 19 years ago whilst touring the Highlands of Scotland, this little pot in green and its bigger blue sibling came home with us. Width of the green one approx 4" diameter, and 4" high to top of the lid, with a smooth shiny glaze over a sort of oatmeal/straw coloured pattern. The blue one was around an inch higher and wider, and was more of a matt glaze. I don't still have the blue.  Impressed mark on the base of both.

Is Culloden Pottery (Inverness) still in operation? I can't find them on the 'net. Bob Park of Culloden Pottery left Scotland in 1997 and set up a new pottery, at Greystoke Gill near Penrith in Cumbria,  the following year.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline chopin-liszt

• Board User
Re: Culloden Pottery lidded pot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:24:23 PM »
 ;D
Hello Anne, I know nothing about the who's where's or why's of Bob Culloden pottery, but I have a couple of pieces - I reckoned they were rather nice, so all I can add is a bit of support for the notion that they're quality.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up isn't.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »
I was reading recently that Bob Park is moving from Greystoke Gill this September to somewhere else in the Eden Valley. I was hoping to get up and see them at Greystoke but doubt I'll get there before they move now.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
I picked up a leaflet about Greystoke Gill pottery a few days ago, and it answered one of my questions: Bob Park started making pots in 1969, he started at Culloden Pottery, Inverness, and stayed there for 28 years before moving to Greystoke Gill.  Most of the Greystoke Gill pottery is made on the wheel, although they do produce some slabbed and extruded work, according to the leaflet. 
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:46 PM »
Thanks Sue. :kissy: I love the messy hands pic on the front of the site - it's also on the leaflet.
Cheers!
 Anne

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »
I have to say, i luuuuuurve those drippy glazes, almost like.......what's that Blue quartz?? and the other purpley glaze look's like Blue John, very yummy.
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 12:00:52 AM »
Just had an email back from Bob Park saying I can add a couple of pics from his leaflet to this topic, and the whole leaflet if I like! :)

I want one of those castles for my garden too!  :clap:
Cheers!
 Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk