Registration is free and only takes a couple of minutes. Sign up NOW!

Author Topic: Pot holder w/Daisys - Lucite?  (Read 4228 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Pot holder w/Daisys - Lucite?
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »
Have this pot holder with Daisy's in it.  It looks retro.  I (think) it is Lucite.  It is well aged, and it did come from the house of a Smoker (my Mom), so it shows some discoloration due to that.  :-\

The daisy's inside look SO real....not sure if they are.  The photo it is harder to tell.

Any thoughts?
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline deco.queen

• Board Regular
  • I Love Anything Art Deco
    • Marvelous Metal-A collection with glass & pottery
Re: Pot holder w/Daisys - Lucite?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
When I was married to my first husband we made items with liquid resin.  It was the 70's and popular to put anything inside the stuff so unless it has a brand on it, it might be home made in my opinion.
Janice
Author of "The Fabulous World of Farberware"

Offline Anne E.B.

• Board Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
Oooh that's reminded me of similar resin stands that I occasionally come across with gorgeous blue and green iridescent abalone shell.
May be these type of things were also sold as holiday souvenirs?  I'll look out for any in future with labels on.
Anne E.B.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
I will look closer also to see if any marks.

I know mine looks pretty *professional* as it has little legs on it too.  It looks too perfect IF home-made, but I think I remember in my childhood, that YES making these, and buying them WAS all the RAGE....

Thanks for the info -- I will look closer to see if I can find anything on it...
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk