Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: Luti Callander pot  (Read 5691 times)

Offline thrownclay

• Board Member
    • British and European pottery for sale
Luti Callander pot
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »
I am fascinated by this pot.

Underneath it says "LUTI CALLANDER" ... now I am sure that most of you experts will recognise the name Luti - especially if its attached to Callander ... as being Gallerie Luti (a primavera gallery) in the Scottish town of Callander.
I thought I recognised the painted style as that of Alan Gaff (now resident at Argyll Pottery), so I asked him if he would just verify it for me. To my surprise he told me it was not his nor did he recognize it as belonging to any of his local contemporaries either. This is doubly surprising seeing as a lot of his work can be found in ... the Gallerie Luti in Callander!

So ... can any of you recognize it?
For vintage and contemporary studio pottery - www.thrownclay.co.uk

Offline Sue C

• Board Addict
Re: Luti Callander pot
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:21 AM »
Hi, can i see a pic of the base please and the sig.
"you'll Never Walk Alone"
Liverpool anthem.

Offline thrownclay

• Board Member
    • British and European pottery for sale
Re: Luti Callander pot
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »
Hi Sue,
I've actually tracked down the maker ... its Peter Luti. His daughter has given me the provenance ... she runs the Gallerie Luti in Callander. It was made before 1988 when he gave up pottery to become a painter - which he is doing very well. I'll be talking to him to get more information about the piece and some info about his history.
For vintage and contemporary studio pottery - www.thrownclay.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk